INCINERATION PROCESSES FOR SLUDGE AND BIOSOLIDS
WASTE HEAT BOILERS FOR MUNICIPAL SLUDGE INCINERATION
There are two common types of incineration furnaces:
- Multiple Hearth Incinerators (MHIs)
- Fluidized (or Fluid) Bed Incinerators (FBIs)
Fluidized Bed Incinerators are the dominant technology for new installations. For both MHIs and FBIs SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK supplies heat exchanger systems.
SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK is renowned as a developer of high temperature and special design heat exchangers for high temperatures, high pressures, reducing atmospheres, corrosive and dirty environments. In 1968 the first SCHACK® Recuperator was installed in a municipal fluid bed biosolids incinerator. Since that time SCHACK® has become a market leader for heat exchangers and boilers for Sludge Incineration applications.
Maximization of energy recovery from Sludge Incineration can result in plants performing as renewable green energy providers, with benefits for the plant operator as well as for the environment.
SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK´S HEAT EXCHANGER SYSTEMS AND SERVICES FOR THE SLUDGE AND BIOSOLIDS INCINERATION PROCESS:
- Flue Gas through the Tubes (FGTT) Recuperator
- Waste heat boilers e.g. for power generation
- Thermal Oil Heat Exchangers for sludge drying or organic rankine cycles (ORCs)
- SCHACK® Heat Exchangers for Plume Suppression
- SCHACK® Green Boilers