- Transfer Line Exchanger
- Syngas Cooling Systems
- Process gas cooling systems for Steam Reforming processes
- WHSG for Nitric Acid production
- Heat Recovery Systems for Iron Direct Reduction processes (DRI)
- Claus Plants – Sulfur Recovery Units
- Flue Gas Convection Section in Steam Reformer Plants
- HT Shift Gas Boiler
- Steam Superheater
- Heat Transfer Components for the Carbon Black Process
- Municipal Sludge Incineration
SCHACK® HEAT EXCHANGERS FOR THE CARBON BLACK PROCESS
ARVOS GmbH | SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK designs and fabricates heat exchanger systems for the carbon black industry. Carbon black is used as a high performance reinforcing component in technical rubber products and as a color pigment. It is quality determining and defines the characteristics of the final product like for example in car tires.
Technical carbon black is produced by injecting hydrocarbon feedstock into the extremely hot zone of a flame in excess of stoichiometric quantities. In a second step this carefully controlled combustion process is rapidly cooled down by water quenching to around 1,500°C. This stops the carbon black formation process and defines particle shape, size and quality.
Enhance the value of your plant with Schack® Carbon Black Heat Exchangers
Schack® Heat Exchangers help to refine the definition of carbon black particles and recover the process heat by either returning it to the process or producing steam for power generation. They are integral components of the carbon black process and furthermore reduce cost by optimizing the yield and efficiency of the carbon black plant.
ARVOS provides the following heat exchangers marked in green:
- Carbon black air preheaters for air preheat temperatures of up to 930 °C
- Tailgas Boilers
- Reactor Boilers
- Oil Preheaters
- Quench Boilers
- Rotary Dryers