- Product Finder
- Transfer Line Exchanger for Steam Cracking plants
- Syngas Cooler for Gasification plants
- Syngas Cooler for Partial Oxidation plants
- Process Gas Cooler for Steam Reforming plants
- Steam Superheater for Steam Reforming plants
- Air Preheater for Carbon Black production
- Waste Heat Steam Generator for Nitric Acid production
SYNGAS COOLING SYSTEMS FOR GASIFICATION PROCESSES
Technological know-how combined with practical experience over decades enables SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK | ARVOS GmbH to supply superior key equipment for all gasification processes such as syngas coolers and gasifiers.
Various feedstocks require individual technical solutions. SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK developed most suitable designs of Syngas Coolers:
- Schmidt’sche® Syngas Coolers for all feedstocks like coal and petcoke gasification applied to the petrochemical industry.
- Schack® Syngas Coolers for crude oil, naphtha applied to the chemical industry as well as biomass, municipal solid waste (MSW) and black liquor gasification for production of biofuels.
Black liquor gasification is a new challenge with enormous potential. Instead of conventional combustion, the black liquor is gasified to syngas (H2 + CO), which can be used for debottlenecking of the pulp mill production (e.g. lime kiln fuel) or used to generate highest-quality Fischer Tropsch products like transportation fuel or DME (Dimethyl Ether).
Being partner to the process developers SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK supports gasification processes with syngas coolers and gasifiers. This unique technology serves as a complementary solution for already existing technologies in a pulp and paper mill.
By applying black liquor gasification the overall production capacity can be increased significantly.
Furthermore, due to much better emission values, black liquor gasification is of great advantage for the environment!
SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK develops radiant and convective syngas cooler systems in various designs and in the unique Schmidt’sche® concept with oval headers/double tubes having the following features:
- Clearly defined flow paths on water/steam and gas side
- High velocities on water/steam side secure tube wall temperatures at safe levels
- Ferrules are not required which results in utmost reliability
- Intense cooling of the gas-conveying tubes
- Low thermal stresses in the pressure loaded parts due to thin wall design
- Double tube coolers operating in natural circulation mode
- Inner tubes can be protected by high alloy composite tubes to avoid H2S-corrosion
The first radiant and convective Syngas Cooler concepts developed and supplied by SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK were put into operation in the 1980s in "Cool Water", the world’s first Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) demonstration plant rated at a net output of 100 MW/340 MBTU/h.
SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK has great success with the unique Schmidt’sche® Oval Header/Double Tube heat exchangers in thermally high loaded applications. Their outstanding design convinced customers and gasification process owners to order from SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK the largest convective Syngas Coolers ever built. These Syngas Coolers are installed in the worldwide hugest gasification plants built recently. SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK designed and fabricated three Syngas Coolers, each 300 t weight, 34 m length for Korea and 10 Syngas Coolers, each 550 t weight, 45 m length for India.
Lately we have designed and fabricated the Syngas Coolers for Jazan (Saudi Arabia), Cortus Woodroll Plant (Höganäs, Sweden) and Radiant Syngas Cooler for Fulcrum Sierra Biofuels (McCarran, Nevada, USA).