- Transfer Line Exchanger
- Syngas Cooling Systems
- Steam Reforming
- WHSG for Nitric Acid production
- Heat Recovery Systems for Iron Direct Reduction processes (DRI)
- Claus Plants – Sulfur Recovery Units
- Flue Gas Convection Section in Steam Reformer Plants
- HT Shift Gas Boiler
- Steam Superheater
- Heat Transfer Components for the Carbon Black Process
- Municipal Sludge Incineration
SYNGAS COOLING SYSTEMS FOR GASIFICATION PROCESSES
Technological know-how combined with practical experience over decades enables SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK to supply superior syngas cooler systems.
The first radiant and convective syngas cooler concepts, developed and supplied by SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK Division of ARVOS Group, were put into operation in the 1980s in "Cool Water", the world’s first Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) demonstration plant rated at a net output of 100 MW/340 MBTU/h.
ARVOS designs Convective Syngas Cooler Systems in the shell & tube design or the unique Schmidt’sche® design with double tube/oval header system with the following features:
- high velocities on the water / steam side secure tube wall temperature at safe levels
- ferrules are not required which results in utmost reliability
- intense cooling of the gas-conveying tubes
- low stresses in the pressure loaded parts
- double tube cooler operate in natural circulation mode
- inner tubes are high alloy composite tubes to avoid H2S-corrosion
SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK's success with the unique Schmidt’sche® Double Tube/Oval Header Heat Exchanger design in thermally high loaded applications convinced customers and gasification process owners to award the Syngas Coolers orders for the latest world biggest gasification plants to the SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK Division of ARVOS Group. SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK designed and fabricated three Syngas Coolers, each 300 t in weight, 34 m length, to Korea and is supplying 10 Syngas Coolers, each 550 t in weight, 45 m length, to India.