- Transfer Line Exchanger
- Syngas Cooling Systems
- Process gas cooling systems for Steam Reforming processes
- WHSG for Nitric Acid production
- Heat Recovery Systems for Iron Direct Reduction processes (DRI)
- Claus Plants – Sulfur Recovery Units
- Flue Gas Convection Section in Steam Reformer Plants
- HT Shift Gas Boiler
- Steam Superheater
- Heat Transfer Components for the Carbon Black Process
- Municipal Sludge Incineration
SYNGAS COOLING SYSTEMS FOR GASIFICATION PROCESSES
Technological know-how combined with practical experience over decades enables ARVOS GmbH | SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK to supply superior syngas cooler systems.
The first radiant and convective syngas cooler concepts developed and supplied by ARVOS were put into operation in the 1980s in "Cool Water", the world’s first Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) demonstration plant rated at a net output of 100 MW/340 MBTU/h.
ARVOS designs convective syngas cooler systems in shell & tube design and in the unique Schmidt’sche® design with Oval Header/Double Tube system having the following features:
- Clearly defined flow paths on water/steam and gas side
- High velocities on water/steam side secure tube wall temperatures at safe levels
- Ferrules are not required which results in utmost reliability
- Intense cooling of the gas-conveying tubes
- Low thermal stresses in the pressure loaded parts due to thin wall design
- Double tube coolers operating in natural circulation mode
- Inner tubes can be protected by high alloy composite tubes to avoid H2S-corrosion
ARVOS has great success with the unique Schmidt’sche® Oval Header/Double Tube heat exchangers in thermally high loaded applications. Their outstanding design convinced customers and gasification process owners to order from ARVOS the largest convective syngas coolers ever built. These syngas coolers are installed in the worldwide hugest gasification plants built recently. ARVOS designed and fabricated three Syngas Coolers, each 300 t weight, 34 m length for Korea and 10 Syngas Coolers, each 550 t weight, 45 m length for India.