- Transfer Line Exchanger
- Syngas Cooling Systems
- Steam Reforming
- WHSG for Nitric Acid production
- Heat Recovery Systems for Iron Direct Reduction processes (DRI)
- Claus Plants – Sulfur Recovery Units
- Flue Gas Convection Section in Steam Reformer Plants
- HT Shift Gas Boiler
- Steam Superheater
- Heat Transfer Components for the Carbon Black Process
- Municipal Sludge Incineration
THE UNIQUE SCHMIDT'SCHE® TRANSFER LINE EXCHANGERS
CONCEPT CONSISTING OF DOUBLE TUBE & OVAL HEADER – REASON FOR ARVOS'S SUCCESS AND LEADING POSITION IN THE MARKET
The Schmidt'sche® Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE) design principle maximizes the benefits of modern furnace design arrangements. They perfectly complement the process requirement for short and ultra-short residence time furnaces.
Hot process gas enters the inner tube at temperatures of 1,470°F to 1,650°F (800°C to 900°C) and is cooled in milliseconds to 662°F (350°C) by a water/ steam mixture that flows through the annulus between the inner and outer tubes. The water side of the exchanger operates in natural circulation. Steam is generated in the annulus at pressures up to 2,030 psi (140 bar).
The reliability and flexibility of the unique Schmidt'sche® TLE design with Double Tube and oval header have played an important role in the development of modern furnace technology. Long run lengths, high yields, selectivity and high reliability and long life determine the commercial success of the ethylene plant operation.
In order to meet own extraordinary high quality objectives, which exceed even high customer requirements and standards, Schmidt'sche® TLEs are engineered and fabricated exclusively in ARVOS own workshops in Kassel, Germany.?
SCHMIDT'SCHE® EXCHANGERS PROVIDED OPERATION ADVANTAGES
- Low pressure drop
- Low residence time through the tubes
- Short tubes and compact exchanger
- Minimized furnace structure needs
- Ethylene stabilization temperature reached in one pass
- Automatically adjusting to the heat load in each process tube operational advantages of the
- Ensured maximum cooling avoid hotspots due to settlement of particles from feedwater
- Low mechanical stresses
- Magnetite layer on the process tubes is protected and ensures the operation
- Online decoking reduces and even eliminates the need of mechanical cleaning
- Quick reaction to changes in operation
- TLE operation in the vertical upflow or downflow direction as well as in a horizontal orientation?