- Product Finder
- Transfer Line Exchanger
- Syngas Coolers for Gasification Plants
- Syngas Coolers for Partial Oxidation Plants
- Process Gas Coolers for Steam Reforming
- Carbon Black Air Preheaters
- Waste Heat Steam Generators for Nitric Acid Production
- Steam Superheater
TRANSFER LINE EXCHANGERS WITH DOUBLE TUBE & OVAL HEADER SYSTEM
THE UNIQUE SCHMIDT'SCHE® TRANSFER LINE EXCHANGER CONCEPT – REASON FOR SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK´S SUCCESS AND LEADING POSITION IN THE ETHYLENE PRODUCTION INDUSTRY
The Schmidt'sche® Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE) design principle maximizes the benefits of modern furnace design arrangements in ethylene production processes. This principle perfectly fulfills the process requirements of short and ultra-short residence time furnaces.
Hot process gas enters the inner tube at temperatures of 800 °C to 900 °C and is cooled in milliseconds to 350 °C by a water/ steam mixture that flows through the annulus between the inner and outer tubes. The water side of the transfer line exchanger operates in natural circulation. Steam is generated in the annulus at pressures up to 140 bar.
The reliability and flexibility of the unique Schmidt'sche® Transfer Line Exchanger design with Double Tube and Oval Header have played an important role in the development of modern furnace technology. Long service life and run lengths, stable operation, high yields and selectivity determine the commercial success of the ethylene plant.
In order to meet our superior quality objectives, which exceed even high customer requirements and standards, Schmidt'sche® Transfer Line Exchangers (TLEs) are engineered and fabricated exclusively in ARVOS’ own workshops in Kassel, Germany.
SCHMIDT'SCHE® TRANSFER LINE EXCHANGERS provide the following operation advantages:
- Low pressure drop
- Low residence time
- Short tubes and compact Transfer Line Exchangers (TLE)
- Minimized steelwork requirements
- Ethylene stabilization temperature reached in one pass
- Automatic adjustment to the heat load in each process tube
- Maximum cooling
- Low mechanical stresses
- Online decoking reduces and even eliminates the need of mechanical cleaning
- Quick reaction to changes in operation
- TLE operation in vertical upflow or downflow direction as well as in horizontal orientation
SCHMIDT'SCHE® Transfer Line Exchanger types for ethylene production:
- Round Type Transfer Line Exchangers (TLE)
- Bathtub Type Transfer Line Exchangers (TLE)
- Quick Quencher Transfer Line Exchangers (TLE)
- Linear Type Transfer Line Exchangers (TLE) with Secondary and Tertiary Transfer Line Exchanger