- Product Finder
- Transfer Line Exchanger for Steam Cracking plants
- Syngas Cooler for Gasification plants
- Syngas Cooler for Partial Oxidation plants
- Process Gas Cooler for Steam Reforming plants
- Steam Superheater for Steam Reforming plants
- Air Preheater for Carbon Black production
- Waste Heat Steam Generator for Nitric Acid production
TRANSFER LINE EXCHANGER FOR STEAM CRACKING PROCESSES
THE UNIQUE SCHMIDT'SCHE® TRANSFER LINE EXCHANGER CONCEPT – REASON FOR SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK´S SUCCESS AND LEADING POSITION IN THE ETHYLENE PRODUCTION INDUSTRY
The Schmidt'sche® Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE) design principle maximizes the benefits of modern furnace design arrangements in ethylene production processes. This principle perfectly fulfills the process requirements of short and ultra-short residence time furnaces.
Hot process gas enters the inner tube at temperatures of 800 °C to 900 °C and is cooled in milliseconds to 350 °C by a water/ steam mixture that flows through the annulus between the inner and outer tubes. The water side of the transfer line exchanger operates in natural circulation. Steam is generated in the annulus at pressures up to 140 bar.
The reliability and flexibility of the unique Schmidt'sche® Transfer Line Exchanger design with Double Tube and Oval Header have played an important role in the development of modern furnace technology. Long service life and run lengths, stable operation, high yields and selectivity determine the commercial success of the ethylene plant.
In order to meet our superior quality objectives, which exceed even high customer requirements and standards, Schmidt'sche® Transfer Line Exchangers (TLEs) are engineered and fabricated exclusively in SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK | ARVOS GmbH’s own workshops in Kassel, Germany.
The SCHMIDT'SCHE® TRANSFER LINE EXCHANGER provides the following operation advantages:
- Low pressure drop
- Low residence time
- Short tubes and compact Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE)
- Minimized steelwork requirements
- Ethylene stabilization temperature reached in one pass
- Automatic adjustment to the heat load in each process tube
- Maximum cooling
- Low mechanical stresses
- Online decoking reduces and even eliminates the need of mechanical cleaning
- Quick reaction to changes in operation
- TLE operation in vertical upflow or downflow direction as well as in horizontal orientation
SCHMIDT'SCHE® Transfer Line Exchanger types for ethylene production:
- Round Type Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE)
- Bathtub Type Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE)
- Quick Quencher Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE)
- Linear Type Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE) with Secondary and Tertiary Transfer Line Exchanger