SCHMIDT’SCHE® STEAM SUPERHEATER
INCREASING PROFITABILITY BY PROCESS EXPERTISE
SCHMIDT’SCHE® Steam Superheaters are our heat transfer solution for maximizing the efficiency of industrial plants.
Saturated steam exiting the steam drum may need to be superheated depending on the individual process characteristics.
In order to achieve this, a superheater is installed e.g. downstream of a process gas boiler or a syngas cooler.
SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK applies dedicated designs for steam superheaters to achieve optimized overall plant economics.
SCHMIDT'SCHE® U-TUBE-TYPE STEAM SUPERHEATER
The SCHMIDT’SCHE® U-Type Steam Superheater is a vertical heat exchanger with U-tubes and baffle plates.
- Hot process gas does not come into contact with the pressure vessel wall at any point.
- The upper head is designed as a combined steam inlet and outlet chamber.
- Gas outlet temperature is controlled by the internal gas bypass valve.
- The complete U-tube bundle, together with the upper head, can be removed through the top.
SCHMIDT'SCHE® BAYONET-TYPE STEAM SUPERHEATER
Growing demand for cost effective production processes has been our driving force to optimize the SCHMIDT’SCHE® Steam Superheater design in order to achieve unrivalled steam temperature – far beyond the usual degree values.
The SCHMIDT'SCHE® Bayonet-Type Steam Superheater, based on its well-proven, reliable and robust tube-in-tube design principle, provides a controlled gas and coolant flow and thereby ensures supremely efficient heat exchange at low pressure drop.
- Smooth material temperature distribution at a moderate level in the mechanical structure and the tube sheet.
- Uniform thermal expansion and low thermal stresses, leading to a robust design.
- Minimal use of internal refractory and the application of internal cooling ensures low maintenance and high availability.
- Able to operate in a single stage at gas-side temperature of up to 640 °C at 40 bar and steam-side temperatures of 540 °C at 120 bar.
SCHMIDT’SCHE® SPIRAL-TYPE STEAM SUPERHEATER
Depending on the type of a gasification process, the syngas needs to be additionally cooled by a steam superheater downstream the syngas cooler. This improves the overall plant economics by maximizing the energy recovery in the plant.
- Equipped with special spiral wound heating surfaces, the cooler/steam superheater is able to operate under high steam-side as well as high gas-side pressure and high dust loads.
- Due to the high flexibility of the spirally wound tube bundle, thermal stresses remain at safe levels at all operating temperatures.
- Use of high alloyed steel permits operating temperatures of up to 850 °C on the gas side and 560 °C on the steam side.
- Downflow arrangement and specially shaped gas inlet channels enable operation with gases with high dust loads. For such applications or difficult fouling conditions, SCHMIDTSCHE SCHACK provides efficient cleaning devices for safe and trouble free maintenance.
- Complete tube bundle can be removed for quick and safe access.
Go for the Original
SCHACK® Solutions for Carbon Black Plants
You are interested in SCHACK® solutions for Carbon Black plants and would like to get further information?
Get our epaper on solutions for Carbon Black Plants.