SCHACK® QUENCH BOILER
AT THE HEART OF YOUR PROCESS
Downstream of the carbon black reactor in which the quench process takes place, the SCHACK® Quench Boiler is directly positioned within the production process.
The main function is to generate high-pressure steam by cooling down process gas from 1,400° C to 1,000° C (2,552° F to 1,832° F). The cooling temperature window is adjusted to the inlet temperature of the air preheater connected downstream.
Double Tube & Oval Header Technology Platform
- The system is able to compensate for uneven gas flow distribution, leading to optimized heat recovery results.
- Mechanical and thermal stresses are reduced by thin-walled oval headers which thereby protect the magnetite layer on the cooling tubes to ensure operational longevity.
- High cooling water flow velocities ensure maximum cooling of the gas contacted surface and ensure the removal and transport of particles.
- Aerodynamically optimized funnel shaped tube inlets together with intensively cooled oval headers provide the best possible protection against tube inlet erosion and formation of gas side deposits.
- Tried and tested design principle for more than 60 years with many plants operating for over 20 years without one single failure. This results in low maintenance efforts.
- Based on the proven Double Tube & Oval Header technology platform
- Flexibility of the headers compensates thermal tube stresses
- Protecting the magnetite layer by low thermal and mechanical stress
- Long service life
You are interested in SCHACK® solutions for carbon black plants and would like to get further information?
Get our epaper on solutions for carbon black plants.